Brutus OGX Online | Smart XBE Hex Editing - Online

Jay

brutusbanner.thumb.png.8e66ae2403770399f887e3d1c17a4002.png
Brutus OGX Online
is an .XBE hex editor script that uses the same logic as "OGxHD" with numerous quality of life changes.
It provides an easy and informative way to search an .XBE via pre-defined hex values, allowing for a much more organised attempt at brute forcing games to run in different ways to their retail counterparts.
Some examples are making a game run in 720p (1280x720 progressive), or forcing 480i only games (interlaced) to run in 480p (progressive).
Widescreen patches and 60 FPS adjustments are just some more examples of what could be achieved, and has been achieved in the past.

preview.png.4e3db8e45396c4602e281c4da19f7dfb.png

• "16:9", A large database of effective aspect ratio adjustments, (exact OGxHD behaviour).
  • "Auto 720p", (exact OGxHD behaviour).
  • "Window Wiew", (exact OGxHD behaviour).
  • Various other pre-defined common hex values
  • Custom hex value entries
  • Importing/exporting of Custom hex value JSON files
  • Drag & drop functionality for both .XBE files and Custom Hex Value JSON files
  • Outputs results in an easy to understand table
  • Offset locations for each match
  • Individual selection of results to apply
  • Patched file is offered as a download

CHECK IT OUT NOW!

Final Thoughts:

1. I found that having the results listed via a table, and offering more control over what is being searched for, may well help those crafty few people create much more tidy and less destructive patches compared to those that OGxHD has unfortunately created in the past.
  2. The ability to have nicknames for search values is also very useful, as staring at hex code for extended periods of time can become a bit of a headache.
  3. I would really appreciate any successful patches to be shared with me so I can document and store that information for others to use!
  4. You can find other cool projects i'm working on or even an entire collection of widescreen/720p/480i-480p patches on my website!
    https://www.jayxbox.com
Edited by Jay
Formatting
  • Like 2