Help adding multiples of the same emulator??

Materdna

Hi everyone!  New / late to the scene. I was wondering if anyone could offer some help. I'm trying to install 2 of the same emulators for a few different consoles. I wanted to use the same emulator for tg16 and pc engine,  but have dedicated installs. (One with the pce background and the other with tg16) Unfortunately, the skins won't keep configured. I am assuming even though I have the emulators titled differently, the config file is ending up in the same place. Any suggestions?  Thanks on advance. I'd like to do the same with snes/sfc.

11 hours ago, Materdna said:

Not to sure which emulator you use but one option I could think of is to HEX edit one of the XBE files and change the name or path for the config which gets overwritten.  Like "skin.ini"  to "sk1n.ini". 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the reply!  Yea that's kinda where I ended before the post. I put the xbe in an editor but chickened out lol. I know what I'm after is kinda redundant but I figured it would be easier for the kids and a cleaner experience. I did notice when I ftp'd back in that there was a new config in my E: saves for the emulator. But even if I moved it out and ran the other, when I paste back in it'll probably overwrite. I'll go back and try to hex edit using some info I googled. I found an awesome post you made about thisScreenshot_20240710-185449_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fc8c9f2c5a206ca049292f85a7c80433.jpg topic of editing. Thanks for that!! 

*Update

I wasn't able to get anywhere with the XBE. Unfortunately I don't have enough experience with an editor or the format to make progress. I did receive advice about creating folders in Xbmc 4 Gamers and editing the .xml in the synopsis. This was basically an easier way of what I'd created before, but ultimately the same result. From what I observed, it seems like the Xport emus create their own respective folders in the E:\Saves directory. Particularly Snes9xbox creates its own and it takes precedent over the G:\Emulators \Snes\Snes9xbox  and  G:\Emulators\Sfc\Snes9xbox  folders I created. 😣

On 7/14/2024 at 12:08 PM, Materdna said:

*Update

I wasn't able to get anywhere with the XBE. Unfortunately I don't have enough experience with an editor or the format to make progress. I did receive advice about creating folders in Xbmc 4 Gamers and editing the .xml in the synopsis. This was basically an easier way of what I'd created before, but ultimately the same result. From what I observed, it seems like the Xport emus create their own respective folders in the E:\Saves directory. Particularly Snes9xbox creates its own and it takes precedent over the G:\Emulators \Snes\Snes9xbox  and  G:\Emulators\Sfc\Snes9xbox  folders I created. 😣

You need to change the paths in each individual emulators configuration settings. That way each can have its own Saves folder etc. 

• Thanks 1