List of Working Controllers with XBlast

While this doesn't seem like it needs to be made, with the increase of people tsopping and modding their xbox, Xblast is a tool that is very valuable in this case

However, not all controllers work with Xblast (assuming because of hard coding of what usb ID's are built into Xblasts code)

Heres a list of working controllers confirmed by the community:

Both 1st party controllers are fully supported

Microsoft Xbox Duke Controller OEM XBOX X08-17160
image.thumb.jpeg.690f558b16b76ebad90c4fdc656f0cc8.jpeg

XBox "S" Style Controller (any colour variation)
image.thumb.jpeg.3083e1dbbb181d6d5ece684d9982b8bc.jpeg

Interestingly, its been reported by members of the Xbox scene discord that Xblast also supports some 3rd part controllers:

MadCatz MicroCon Wired Controller
 image.thumb.jpeg.f49530fe4022dd7ec9b54cd524a086d8.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SylverReZ said:

It'd be nice if we had a larger compatibility list made.

thats the plan 😛 ive been in talks with Harcroft so we can get a larger list of dumps of hw ID's so a newer one can be made with LOTS more compatibility 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

XBLAST NOT LOADING

XBLAST NOT WORKING

XBLAST LOCKING UP

!!!WINBOND FLASH!!!

I want to mention what i was stuck on tonight. 

Problem: couldn't get xblast to work. 

I read that using rca would not work reliably if at all. I was seeing, what i thought was, rca would cause the xbox to lock up with a line through the heimdalls screen. Then,  when it would go past that there was a blue screen with xblast 0.56 at the top,  or when using component cables,  the screen would skip past the line given in rca, then go black,  and never come back. Essentially frozen. 

The eject button would always flash red and orange, which i found out is what goes on when xblast is loading or working. 

I fought this for hours. I was trying to flash a winbond. I couldn't find a video showing the speed of the process. I never did find any video of the winbond being flashed with xblast.

I have a 1.4/1.5 console. The bios and settings icons showed up for me during this process once. I didn't see it and rebooted the xbox. I tried everything to get the icons to show up again. I mean the icons are the menu!!!

Side note:  I must say, when working correctly, xblast loads right away. It works fast from the hd or the disk. 

!!!THE PROBLEM!!!

I was using the original fat controller. in In the past, I added a usb drive to it and used that for soft modding.

!!!RESOLUTION!!!

I went to the "xbox S style controller", without any mods on the controller, then, the xblast worked flawlessly and quickly.

ANOTHER SIDE NOTE!!

I noticed that the dvds don't load all of the time when the modified controller is used. The softmod will load and say that there's not a disk in the tray. Once I press eject and load the disc, when in the Dashboard, it shows up as a game. With the other controller, I noticed that the xbox always loads heimdalls or any other disc without fail and is much quicker too.

I had the top part of this picture most of the time when using rca. I never did get a picture with component. The icons at the bottom of the Pic would never show up until I changed the controller. 

The picture tube tv (it looks grainy because the cell phone pic can see its flow) shows the hash of the original xbox bios. I didn't back it up. I was excited when I figured out the problem. I don't even remember if there is an option to back up the original bios.  The other pic on the newer style tv is the md5 hash for the evo x8.

I hope this helps all of the people i've seen have had this issue and no explanations. 

(Who knows maybe it'll help me in the future once I've forgotten all of this.)

Screenshot_20241012_003243_Chrome.jpg

20241011_212410.jpg

20241011_235942.jpg

Edited by jo210011
Typing sucked and it didn't really flow wasn't easily understood